Wednesday 10 April 2013

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyyyyeeeee

I is for illegal stuff. Specifically weird illegal stuff.....no, don't be rude I didn't say kinky stuff you rude lot just weird like bizarre stuff.

Now when I was travelling and I got to Singapore i was told it was illegal to chew gum. I still don't know if that's a myth or not but I do know that you're not allowed to buy it and that the streets are cleaner and nicer for it. So a simple but seemingly unusual law was made for a reason....so i wondered what other laws have been made that are a bit weird? Upon googling it I found a website....possibly all false and all myths but I am going to ignore that because they're fun and WEIRD and all apparently illegal!

So....

1) In France, it is against the law to sell an “E.T” doll. They have a law forbidding the sale of dolls that do not have human faces.
2) In Oklahoma, you can be arrested for making ugly faces at a dog.
3) In Pennsylvania, it’s against the law to tie a dollar bill on a string on the ground and pull it away when someone tries to pick it up.
4) In Florida, it is illegal to fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays
5) In Samoa, it’s a crime to forget your own wife’s birthday.
6) In England, where I live, it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament....apparently? I shall be asking my friend Bellars this though...
7) In England again, it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the Queen upside down. I think this one is true....and if not treason it's highly, highly frowned upon....so yes illegal don't be doing it!
8)!In Indiana, it’s against the law to dress ‘Barbie’ in ‘Ken’s’ clothes.
9) In Indonesia, the punishment for masturbation is death by decapitation.
10) In Australia, it’s illegal to name any animal you plan to eat.....so don't call that cow daisy if she is going to be your beef burger or your little lamb dolly or your kangaroo....er Roo....
11) In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague. (I hope this is true, we do like to keep our cab drivers safe!)
12) In Portugal, it’s against the law to pee in the ocean.
13) In Italy, anyone considered “obese” is forbidden from wearing polyester.
14) In Michigan, it is illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant....because they aren't trained to use fire hydrants.
15) In North Carolina, it is illegal to swear in front of dead people. RIP dead people RIP.
16) In Florida having sexual intercourse with a porcupine is illegal. (ouch… I mean why, why would anyone want to!)
17) In Iowa, it is illegal for horses to eat fire hydrants.....
18) In Israel, you could be prosecuted for picking your nose on Saturday....something to do with pulling hair out I believe, something in ancient scriptures or something....
19) In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.
20) It is illegal to say Hannah (me) is not cool and not awesome because that's just not true!

Mwah xxxx

3 comments:

  1. I think I've heard the Houses of Parliament one before. With the Oklahoma one, who gets to decide what 'an ugly face' is? What if someone just has an unfortunate face and happens to be looking at a dog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. #17: Because horses typically go around eating fire hydrants in Iowa? :P

    Interesting list--and I am with you, who cares if they are true or not? But since I am in Oklahoma, I will be sure not to give any dogs a dirty look! :)

    tm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely list. And I'm sure some of them are true!
    Happy A to Z-ing
    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete