Wednesday 9 May 2012

R is for Roast Dinners!


Oh yes it is yum yum yum!

Is there anything better than a Roast Dinner on a Sunday, I mean really? Whether it be Roast Chicken, Roast Pork, Roast Duck, Roast Beef or even Roast Turkey at Christmas. I love them all! What about you? Do you have a favourite?

I think everyone thinks their mums roast dinner is probably THE best and I am no different really - my mum has perfected her mums recipe and I adore it! It is the Xmas Roast Turkey that is particularly splendid - served with cranberry sauce, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings, sweet potato mash, roast potato's cooked in goats fat, roasted parsnips, roast carrots, peas, bacon, sausages, those devils on horseback which I guess are just more sausage rapped in bacon...and topped off with gravy!!! DELICIOUS!!!

I believe that Roast dinners are also splendid because they usually combine a family time or some form of celebration like Xmas or thanksgiving. Perhaps roast dinners are even nicer because of their association with these celebrations and generally happy times. I feel more smiley and happy just thinking about them!

Well that's all for today - the main reason for this R = Roast blog was because I had this FANTASTIC IDEA. I was thinking about Postmen and the idea occurred to me that Postmen don't work Sundays and that Sundays are generally Roast days. So what if on a Sunday Postmen became Roast Men....it's a killer idea right? What do you think?

Thanks for reading my bloglet again anyway! Have a good day xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment